Real Estate Education……
Education in Real Estate…….
Real Estate Library – collecting since 2007
• Have a personal real estate library with: Earl Nightingale, Earl Thurston, Russ Whitney, Robert Allen, Raymond Aaron, DC Fawcett, Preston Ely, Dave Lindahl. Covers all aspects of real estate purchasing of all the different types of real estate from land, personal houses, condos, luxury homes-short sales, mobile homes, apartment blocks, industrial land and warehouses, self storage units, office buildings, retirement centers.
BCIT Home Inspection Courses
Completed all the five required Home Inspection Courses to graduate the course:
- BC Building Code
- Home Inspection Level 1
- Home Inspection Level 2
- Home Inspection Level 3
- Home Inspection Level 4.
Creation of Home Inspector Code Checklist……Upon completing the BCIT Home Inspection Courses, i created a Home Inspector’s Code Checklist. Comprised 477 pages, a personal six month review and re-tabulation of the BCBC (British Columbia Building Code), essentially identical to the United States Building Code excepting a few minor changes in the code.
Tax Sales: The Tax Liens and Tax Deeds Business
Tax Sale Course created by John Lane if researched will be found to be the best tax sale course in existence. John purchased both for himself and other high net worth individuals the most tax deeds in United States bar none. Inclusive and prior to it, he spent 12 years setting up for Kinder Morgan the tax sale business for them. His purchases there amounted to over $377 million in tax lien and tax deed sales. There is no other tax sale course that comes close to providing the insights, tricks, methods and virtually exhaustive information than the Tax Sale Lists information and workshop. You can research the internet and find a host of tax sale gurus teaching about it but will find they are all bogus with someone teaching you that has no or minimal actual tax sale investment experience or success. Tax Sale Lists.com is the only real place to find out how to do this effectively. Then, depending on who you go to, you may find collaborative material to utilize, but having said that, Tax Sale Lists.com is your basic course material and place to comprehend tax sales. John is available to be consulted with.
Cost of the Tax Sale Course
The Tax Sale List Course Info and Workshop cost $1500 and was conducted as internet webinars with powerpoint classes while John talked and answered questions. The duration of the course was three months, held twice weekly, each workshop a 3 hr. workshop. Attended Nov. 2009 – Jan. 2010. Tax Sales work similarly in Canada, however, most tax sales in Canada do not provide the investor with much of a benefit as tax liens are usually purchased from one or two individual investors who have the large investment funds to do so and do so only in the major cities while the onlooker or interested investor who attends these newspaper notified dates and places in a smaller locality occasionally do win upon investing in a lien. The average of a lien turning into a fore-closure is almost minimal where in Canada it is 99% of tax liens are paid by the home owner before it goes into foreclosure. In the US it is 97% of tax liens which are redeemed by the home owner, therefore, the option for benefiting in foreclosure is much greater if there are ample funds to make the investments in a broader class of tax liens. How to do it is what the Tax Sale Course is all about. I was interested in the Tax Deed part of the Tax Sales course, which essentially involved in a search in a Tax Deed State (in the U.S) for a property that had overdue taxes…..unpaid taxes i.e. often forgotten houses or land by the owner……the taxes once paid provide the new owner with the Deed/Ownership of the property….and the new owner in turn, now, must pay for any future taxes…..which, for sure are annually.
Printing of the Tax Sale Course
Printed Out the Tax Sale Course -is a ‘Reference Tax Sale Library’: approximately 3000 pages.
• Comprehensive Guide to Tax Sales – Studies
• Tax Lien Manuals – Rules & Regulations – from Alaska to Wyoming – Reviewed
• Tax Lien Auction Sales Info – Reviewed
• Tax Deed States Info – Studied
• Tax Deed – California Tax Deed Manual – Rules & Regulations – Reviewed, partial study.
• Tax Deed – Nevada Tax Deed Sales – Rules & Regulations – Studied
• Tax Deed – Tax Sale Lists – Workshop Notes – Complete Study
• Tax Deed – Tax Sale Lists – Powerpoint Workshop Notes – Complete Study
• Tax Deed – Asset Recovery – Complete Study and creation of Booklet
• Tax Deed – Due Diligence – Studied
Commercial Property Purchasing
• Commercial Training Academy Course -( CTA): Cost $1100. Jan. 2011. Plus Workshop: Cost $1500 including airfare and hotel to Orlando, Florida. Jan. 2011.
This is the primary workshop and complete with all the course material to attend and have in hand all the information necessary to become a ‘transactional engineer’….which means to find a deal, put the deal together, give investor’s an opportunity in your deal, do all the research, contact the owner of the property and proceed to do every due diligence necessary to decide on the doing a deal or not. If done, it includes receiving an ‘acquisition fee’ for all your work as well as being a partner along with the investor’s invited into the project.
Investor’s Spreadsheet Program for Purchasing of Commercial Property
• Created a Investor’s Spreadsheet Program in the Mac’s Numbers-Spreadsheet Program for Purchasing of Commercial Property…contains all Formulas and Comments in detailed format for complete review of purchasing commercial real estate designed to be used during the Purchasing Process. Contains over 300 pages of information and provides an 11 page printout for the investor to view all aspects of the transaction. Completed Nov. 2012.
Investor’s Spreadsheet Program for Purchasing of Single Family Residences
• Created an Investor’s Spreadsheet Program for Single Family Residences to run all the numbers on a property; includes all costs, monthly and annual positive cash flow, annual equity increase, etcetera. Completed May 2012.
Process of Purchasing Commercial Property Booklets
• Created 18 Booklets from the course content to separate the process for focusing purposes on one thing at a time to effectively purchase a commercial property – properly covering all aspects of Due Diligence. Content of the combined booklets approximately 300 pages. Completed September 2012.
Computer Internet Real Estate Research and Attendance of Real Estate Webinars
- Commercial Property Purchasing Videos…..included approximately 80 online 30-75 minute instructional videos on all aspects of purchasing commercial property, plus on-going weekly or b0-weekly webinars.
- Internet Research Subscribed to other multiple real estate webinars covering most varieties of all aspects in the purchasing of real estate in the United States.